Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goodbye Dear Friend

We are back from vacation and believe me, there is a TON of stuff to blog about. But I just can't do it now.

We arrived home this morning to a message that our dear friend, Dottie, won her battle with cancer this morning and is now rejoicing in heaven. While I am so thankful that her suffering here on earth is through, my heart breaks at the loss of my friend. She was only 42 and leaves behind her husband and 3 children (13, 11, 9).

The next few days will be hard for everyone. The funeral is the day before school starts and Dave is a pall bearer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep yours and Dottie's family in my prayers. She's certainly in a better place but that doesn't always make it easy on those left behind. Lots of (((hugs))) to you.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss, Kate. Losing a friend you love so dearly is a terrible thing to go through.
I will keep Dottie's family in my prayers...not Dottie, because I am sure that the place she is in is much better than the pain she left behind here..42 is just so young to go....
Keeping you close to my heart..

Suzanne