Friday, August 31, 2007

1st Day of School

My friends all thought they would get pictures really fast when I got a digital camera. Well, I am not one of those "same day picture" people, no matter how hard I try!! SORRY!!!! Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids on their first day of school on Wednesday (BP - 3rd grade, T1 - 1st grade, T2 - K).








I have to chuckle at my sweet T2. He moves to the beat of his own drum and is in his own little world. He had no hesitation going off that morning. I practically had to yell at him to get his attention as his line walked by to go to class. Silly little man :0). The only thing he could really remember and tell me about the first day was that he got to have two lunches. This really stumped me because I only sent him with one LOL. He could not tell me who he ate with or why he got a hot lunch as well. We finally figured out that he ate the lunch I packed him at snack time (the whole thing!!) and then got a free hot lunch because the poor kid didn't have a lunch at lunch time. Needless to say, his snack was still in his backpack when he came home that night. We quizzed him to death as to where he'd find his snack the next day. He hasn't had any more problems. He sits with three girls (but doesn't know their names). He sat with some friends at lunch but, again, doesn't know their names. It will come in time and I will learn them all when I go into the class room.
It's hard to believe this day has arrived already. I made it through but three years from now, when LP goes, I think I will be having a total emotional breakdown.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children...how blessed you are...
suzanne

The Listros said...

Mere has a great outfit!!! She has such great taste in clothes! What a motley crew. We miss them now that school has begun - love you,
me