Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby

July 28, 2005 - 6:33 AM. 6lb 14oz, 20" baby girl

Like most moms probably do, I have been thinking about the events of the day(s) leading up to your birth. Like right now, 2 years ago I was in the hospital, sleeping a bit with my Stadol. For some reason, thinking about this particular day has been making me emotional all week long. I don't really know why, it's not your first b-day or anything. Perhaps it's because you are our last baby and now you are 2. Baby things are rapidly disappearing from our lives (if all goes well, we may even be a diaper free house by Christmas!!).

I looked at your sweet face while you were sleeping tonight. The soft baby curls and chubby little cheeks just make me smile in love. I could watch you all night long. It's only while you are sleeping that you are quite and not on the move. You love to chatter and you love to be right in the middle of all the action. There will be no stopping our Little Princess. You have everyone in the family wrapped around your little finger. You are my baby who doesn't want to let go of her mama and at the same time you don't want to be held back from anything.

I am amazed (though probably shouldn't be) at how much you know and take it. You can set the table and know which color plate belongs to each sibling. You want to do everything BP does and are always in her coloring things. While your brothers liked to eat the crayons at this age, you hold them correctly (in your LEFT hand - just like T2) and make lovely pictures. The last thing you say at bedtime is "Ehnen 'nuggle me?", wanting her to get in bed with you. It is so precious.

Your brothers adore you, well most of them anyway ;0). I think T3 doesn't know what to do with you yet because you took his spot as the youngest. No one will ever think of messing with you with three big brothers looking out for you.

You came into this world as a surprise blessing from God. You completed our family and filled my heart. A longing that never seemed to go away was satisfied with your arrival. You are a constant reminder and link to your precious Nana Helen. I thank God that, in His infinite wisdom and timing, He sent you to us. You were born out of love and have brought nothing but love to those around you.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby Girl. You have our hearts and we love you.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Little Princess!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday sweet Mere.

Kristin said...

Happy Bday LP!!