Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Passion

I've given this blog thing a couple of tries now and it never seems to last long or I lose focus. Last time I started up, my goal was to put my thoughts about my passion down. Perhaps in some small way they would be an encouragement to others and, if nothing else, give a little insight into who I am and what makes me tick. For a while I got a little caught up in what I said because I worried what people might think about me for putting my faith "out there". But isn't that the whole point? Am I to be ashamed of what I believe or having different convictions than those of the world? As a child of God, I am called to be a light, salt, an ambassador and so many other things.

That being said, my greatest Love is my heavenly father. He has loved me like no other and I stand in awe of Him. He has blessed me with what has become my passion - my husband and children. For as long as I can remember, my goal in life was to get married and have babies. Finally getting to this point (a journey that, again, could only have come about by God's omnipotent hand) and living in the reality that is my life is so much more than I could have ever imagined. Isn't that just like God, though? He wants to bless us abundantly. He has plans to prosper and not harm us..to give us a future and hope. My God is passionate about ME. He sent His son to die for ME. Could I do that? I am too selfish to willingly give any of my children up for any reason. But I can live for Him. I can take the passion He has given me for my family and use it for His honor and glory.

By His mercy and grace, I pray that I will.

No comments: