Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life is Good

I'm sure you've seen things with the logo 'Life is Good'. My neighbor has a tire cover on the back of her SUV. Shirts, hat and accessories are everywhere. I was even a little envious when my husband came home with a couple of t-shirts one. It took me a while to realize I could go out and get one myself. So now I have 2 - a long and a short sleeved :0). Can I tell you that they are my favorite, most comfortable shirts? I just feel happy when I wear them. Is that silly? I don't think so because life really is good.

People will call or in conversation ask 'what's new?' or 'how are things going?' Sometimes I almost feel bad when I have no tales of woe to share. I simply think things are good and there is nothing new to report. I just spent a week of vacation with the kids. Dave had the past 2 days off and they were just great. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather (thanks, God!). Quiet mornings with my husband, the Bible and a cup of coffee followed by the parade of children waking up needing a morning snuggle. We spent morning out bike riding and playing at the local lake. I loved sitting with my husband watching how each of our children have grown and accomplished things, like riding a bike. The pure happiness flowing from them as they raced around and then dug for clams and snails brought a smile to my face. That afternoon we spent hours outside just doing yard work. How blessed we are to have a home and the feeling of accomplishment just getting the house/yard in order was good. The kids running around, playing together completed the picture.

Today was a repeat of yesterday - more yard work and time out with the kids at the playground, alone time with my husband. All with the sun shining and an early spring "heat wave" (according to the BP). Do we have our moments that are not so blissful? Of course, we do but that is life as we know it. My family is precious to me. Being able to watch them each day and just enjoy what it has to offer is a joy.

There have been times that I would think 'what did I do to deserve this?' The answer is nothing. There is nothing I can do to deserve any of what I have. Life is good because I am the daughter of The King. My heavenly father wants to bless me simply because He loves me. So I will praise Him each day and live my GOOD life for His honor and glory.

1 comment:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I'm so glad life has been good for you. Praise God!
~ Wendy